Joshua Creek P. S. Registration Requirements

To see if you are living within the Joshua Creek Public School boundary or catchment area please visit: HDSB Find a School

To register a child directly at the school your child must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.  A parent or legal guardian must appear in person at the school office with all the required documents as detailed below.  Children do not need to be present at time of registration.  

If your child is not a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, you will need to contact the Immigration and Visa Coordinator at the Welcome Centre at 905-335-3665, ext. 3440.

Our office accepts registrations during the hours of 8am and 3:30pm, Monday to Friday. The office is closed to the public on PA Days. Registrations will be accepted as a complete package only.  Please ensure you have documents to satisfy all 5 categories below when you arrive to register.


  • Proof of Age and status in Canada:
  • If the Child is a Canadian Citizen born in Canada, please bring the birth certificate or statement of live birth. In the event that you do not have the child’s birth certificate, a valid passport will be accepted.
  • If the child is Canadian Citizen born outside Canada, please bring the Citizenship Card or Valid Passport as well as documented original date of arrival into Canada (i.e. passport stamp or immigration documents).
  • If the child is a Permanent Resident, please bring the valid Permanent Resident card.
  • Proof of Address (2 pieces):
  • If you own the property: current year property tax bill plus one of the qualifying pieces below.
  • If you are leasing: or lease/tenancy agreement plus two of the qualifying pieces below
  • If you have just purchased a home and have not yet taken possession we will accept a notarized copy of your purchase agreement, plus one other qualifying piece of proof of address as below.
  • Qualifying second piece of proof of address:
  • Car registration; utility bill; residential telephone bill; moving bill; property tax bill; bank statement; credit card statement; correspondence with a government agency. Driver's License is not acceptable.

  • Latest Report Card (if applicable)
  • Custody Papers (if applicable)
Click here to download a Student Registration Form

You may also refer to the following sites for more information:

Halton District School Board website 
Ontario Ministry of Education website: